Cancer Center Links
Botsford Cancer Center
27900 Grand River Ave.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Botsford Hospital Main Campus
28050 Grand River Ave.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336-5919
Map Contact Us
There are simple things we all can do to prevent cancer or at least screen and catch it early. Detecting cancer early makes successful treatment more likely and greatly increases our chances of survival.
Screening tools are available through your doctor. In many cases tests can be performed at the Botsford Cancer Center, the Spagnuolo Breast Center (located in the same building) or at the free screening events we hold throughout the year (see our events calendar for updates). Available screening tests include:
Healthy, well-balanced eating and exercise are linked to cancer prevention. Botsford has many resources to help you and your loved ones prevent cancer by improving your lifestyle.
Cancer prevention tips:
- Don't drink alcohol excessively
- Don't smoke
- Eat a healthy, well-balanced diet containing fruit, vegetables, folic acid, low fat and high fiber
- Maintain proper dental hygiene
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and sunburns. Wear SPF 30 sunscreen regularly, reapplying frequently
- Women, have your first child before the age of 35
- Keep radiation exposure to a minimum when possible (ask your doctor if diagnostic imaging is absolutely necessary and whether alternative diagnostics are available)
- Avoid contact with pesticides and other chemicals
- Don't burn and blacken foods when grilling