Building Brighter, Healthier Futures
South Redford School District and Botsford Hospital have established a School-Based Health Center at Pierce Middle School that serves as a dynamic health center that has full capacity to address the extensive needs of our community.
Located inside the school at 25605 Orangelawn Ave. in Redford, this center:
- Is exclusively for South Redford residents ages 10 to 21
- Treats dependents of South Redford students, from birth to age 21
- Is staffed by an experienced nurse practitioner
- Accepts most insurances
- Provides primary care services
- meets all accreditation standards specified by the American Osteopathic Association.
- is under the direct supervision of Botsford Clinic Systems.
- is located on the east side of the building, with a dedicated exterior entrance and waiting room, as well as an interior entrance and separate waiting room for exclusive access by Pierce Middle School students. A classroom at Pierce Middle School has been repurposed as the SBHC. The finished Center is about 1700 square feet with in three examination rooms.
- serves the health needs of youth and young adults ages 10-21 years and their children.
- provides patients access to medical care, lab tests, and health education all within one easy-to-navigate facility.
- supports a health education component of services in an education/counseling resource room in the Center.
South Redford School Based Health Center is now open Monday-Friday, 8 am - 4 pm. This is a change of time and an addition of days.
And the clinic now sees Redford residents ages 10-21 years and dependents of Redford students.