In This Section
Zieger Admin & Educ Building
28050 Grand River Ave.
Farmington Hills, MI 48336
Med Educ: (248) 471-8224
Med Admin: (248) 471-8222
When applying to our program, please keep the following points in mind:
- Applications for internship/First Year Residency can be submitted through ERAS at any time from July 1st of the year prior to your year of graduation and up to December 31st of your senior year. You should also be aware that the majority of interviews are conducted from August through November. Interview times vary from department to department. You will be contacted by Medical Education either through email or by phone if selected for an interview.
- Applications for residency-only (PGY 2 and up) may be submitted no more than 12 months in advance of requested training period. Only one application should be submitted.
Proceed to application
- Applications for fellowship may be submitted no more than 18 months in advance of requested training period. Only one application should be submitted.
Proceed to application
Please Note: Applications submitted before the designated time frame WILL NOT be accepted.
- To ensure prompt consideration of your application, please ensure that the following information is included:
- A letter from the Dean of your medical school (when applying for Internship) or Director of Medical Education (when applying for Residency or Fellowship) stating anticipated graduation date.
- Official copy of National Board Scores (Passage of Part III of NBOME COMLEX is required for residency training).
- Official transcripts from your medical school.
- Minimum of three letters of recommendation (from those references listed on the application, with no more than one being from the faculty of the school attended).
- Verification of internship/residency by DME (when applying for residency-only or fellowship).
- Please submit the above by fax to (248) 471-8837 - Attn: Program Coordinator, or by mail to Department of Medical Education, Botsford Hospital, 28050 Grand River, Farmington Hills, MI 48336.
- DO NOT send the application or other application material to the PROGRAM DIRECTOR.
- Please keep in contact with the Office of Medical Education as to the completion status of your application.
- A personal interview is required AFTER the application is complete.
- If selected for an interview, you will be contacted personally by phone, or through the ERAS processing system if applying for internship.
- In some cases, interviews may be arranged before all letters of recommendation are received so as to accommodate travel schedules. However, only completed applications will receive final consideration.
- All "traditional" interviews will be scheduled with the Director of Medical Education.
If you have any questions after viewing the information on our web site, please contact the Office of Medical Education at (248) 471-8224.
VANCE D. POWELL, JR., D.O.,
Director of Medical Education